Photo Gallery
Frequently Asked Questions
Forms & Permits - Download here
Water Quality Report - Download annual reports here
The Village of Ilion
49 Morgan ST.
Ilion, NY 13357

Phone 315-895-7449

Fax 315-894-6050

Website Terms of Use

Frequently Asked Questions



What do I need to do to sign-up for electric service?
(show answer)

You need to fill out an application for electric service. A copy will also need to be taken of your driver's license and a deposit will be required if you are renting. Connection can be completed Monday - Friday (except holidays). The Village requires a 24-hour notice. An application can be found on our forms and permit page.

Can I have my electric bill automatically paid? Can I pay my bill on line?
(show answer)

Yes, you can use either your debit card or any credit card. There is a form that you need to fill out to sign-up.

Yes, you can pay your water and electric bills on line through the Invoice Cloud for water and for electric, please refer to our utility page on this website.

Please explain who must pay a deposit to begin electric service?
(show answer)

If you own the home, you will not need to pay a deposit. If you are renting, you will need to pay a deposit unless you are on SSI, SSD, cash public assistance, or 62 years of age or older. If renting you will need to come into the Municipal Building to determine how much your deposit will be. This is calculated and we will need to know if you are heating with electric or not. There are no exemptions for Commercial Customers that are renting.

Why is my electric bill so high?
(show answer)

In the summer, pool, air conditioning, central air could be the cause; in the winter, space heaters and heating with electricity.


Public Safety

What should a person do if bitten by a stray animal?
(show answer)

Report the incident and where it happened to the Village Police Department.

Who is responsible for animal control?
(show answer)

The Village has an animal control officer (ACO); however, the Village Police Department needs to be contacted first and they will then dispatch the ACO.

Public Works


At the Village of Ilion Marina and RV Park can fuel be purchased by boats? Does the Marina have a pumpout?
(show answer)

Yes, there is gas and diesel fuel available for boat usage. The Village acquired a portable pumpout in 2007.

How much are the boat slips at the Marina?
(show answer)

$1.00 a foot. This includes electric, water, cable,WI FI, showers, garbage pick-up, and laundry facilities.

Village Clerk

How can I obtain a copy of a birth certificate?
(show answer)

If you were born in the Village of Ilion you may complete the necessary request paperwork and provide proof of identity. All records are maintained under the guidelines and requirements of the NYS Department of Health. Fee per certified copy is $10.00. Birth records can only be released to the person named on the birth certificate, if they are over 18, a parent listed on the birth certificate, or for lawful proper purpose. A copy of the request application can be downloaded from the forms and permits page on this website.

Where can I get a copy of my marriage license?
(show answer)

The Village of Ilion does not issue copies of marriage licenses. If you were married in the Village of Ilion, copies of marriage licenses are located with the Town of German Flatts.

Village Treasurer


Copyright 2023 All Rights Reserved  |  THIS SITE IS DEDICATED TO THE PEOPLE OF ILION, NY  |  Website designed and developed by Quadsimia